Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tall Stacks - Day 3

Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder
John Hiatt

So, this was my first time seeing both. What a great nite for music. There was a little chill in the air, the stars were out, and the river was calm. I found myself thanking God more often than normal. I truly needed it.
John Hiatt's music makes my heart beat a little differently. There's such a realness about his writing, and even the way he plays guitar and piano. Im having trouble describing the way I feel. I'm just thankful I got to see that tonite. It was beautiful.

Ricky Skaggs is always great to listen to. Those are some really talented musicians. Their stories are always so interesting to me. Makes me wish I would have grown up in West Virginia somewhere(s). It was a toe-tappin' good time.
Bluegrass always takes me back. My grandpa was the only person I knew who listened to bluegrass when I was growing up. I remember standing next to him in our little small-town park on the 4th of July, listening to his favourite music. Bluegrass. I probably didn't like it then, but it put down some deep roots in me. And now, I have my brother and sister to thank for keeping me up-to-date.

I feel blessed tonite.

"God bless whatever god you got goin' on..." - John Hiatt

...

No comments: